Friday, January 12, 2024

Scary Movie Reviews


Hello! I was brainstorming what else to write about on my blog the other night... And I thought, you know, I love scary/thriller movies, yet I am trying to remember which ones I have seen and which ones I haven't! Last month, I started a page in my journal dedicated to listing the movies I will watch in 2024 - this is so when my brother asks what my favorite movie of the year was, I can give an honest answer and not just shrug my shoulders or name the only movie I remember watching! Haha!

With that, why not post about the ones I've watched and my opinion about them so that other people can read about random scary movies that may be out there and get an honest opinion about them. So here I am... 

Disclaimer: I am a harsh scary/thriller movie critic. It takes a lot to get me scared since I have watched SO many, and as Randy from Scream points out - "There is a formula to it. A very simple formula!" 

As with any movie critique, there has to be a rating system. You know, like a percentage or (and I am going to date myself here) two thumbs up (rest in peace, Siskel & Ebert!). So, I decided on a regular 5-star rating:

0 = Just don't even bother; it could be 2 hours of your life you never get back.

1 = If you want some noise in the background while cleaning or something, this could be a good one to have on. It was terrible, like bad B-movie terrible.

2 = Decent B-movie quality. Bad acting, hokey, but certainly entertaining - not scary.

3 = It was good, not the best or that scary, but it had a few good twists and turns along the way. 

4 = Not bad, not bad at all... I had a couple jump scares while watching, and I would definitely recommend it. 

5 = Amazing! I actually got freaked out and had to watch something funny afterward - The Conjuring and The Exorcist (my favorites) caliber type of movie! 

There you have it... See what you think, and I welcome any scary/thriller movie suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts... I look forward to reading your comments.

Popular Posts: